General booking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to purchases made through O-Ringen AB’s Booking Portal that can be found at oringen.se under Book/Entry (Booking Portal) in conjunction with the O-Ringen orienteering event (O-Ringen). These terms and conditions were most recently updated on 2019-11-11. Nordic Travel AB and O-Ringen AB reserve the right to unilaterally change these booking terms and conditions. Any changes will take effect no sooner than 30 days after the new and updated terms and conditions have been published on the Booking Portal website.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
The company Nordic Travel i Sverige AB (NT AB; Nordic Travel in Sweden), organization number 556669-6125, Box 163, 271 24 Ystad, Sweden, is responsible for all bookings in conjunction with O-Ringen made through the Booking Portal. O-Ringens competitions are organized by O-Ringen AB (O-Ringen AB), Almas allé 9, 756 51 Uppsala, Sweden.
In addition to, and in conjunction with, the competitions, O-Ringen AB and NT AB are organizing a number of various trips, accommodations options, and activities. The terms and conditions apply in addition to those required by the Association of Swedish Travel Agents and Tour Operators (SRF). These additional terms apply to NT AB and the individual who makes the booking/purchase (Booker) through the Booking Portal.
WHEN IS A RESERVATION BINDING?
By ordering services and/or products through the Booking Portal, the Booker agrees to these terms and conditions. The purchase/reservation becomes binding for the Booker immediately upon receipt of verbal or written confirmation from NT AB or from officials on location at O-Ringen. These terms apply from that moment regardless of whether the Booker has paid the entry fees in their entirety, partially, or not at all. Therefore, make sure to carefully read these terms and conditions before making the purchase.
In the cases when the Booker makes reservations or purchases services on behalf of another person or persons, then by virtue of approval of these terms and conditions, the Booker insures that the person or persons in question has been informed of and agreed to these terms and conditions. In order to make reservations or purchase services on behalf of a child under 18 years of age, the Booker must first receive consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Purchases/bookings are not subject to cancellations, changes, or refunds, unless specified in these terms and conditions for the particular product or service in question. NT AB and O-Ringen AB reserve the right to transfer our rights and obligations according to these terms and conditions to a third party.
HOW AND WHEN DO I PAY?
Payment can be made with a credit/debit card (VISA/Mastercard) or through a bank transfer or invoice. Payment instructions can be found on the booking portal. After June 1st of the year of the event the only acceptable payment method will be with a credit/debit card (VISA/Mastercard). Note that bookings made by mail through NT AB take 1-2 days to process. The right to use pre-ordered products, services or add-ons is only granted upon full receipt of payment.
PAYMENT OVER THE INTERNET
In order to protect and encrypt the Booker’s credit card information, the Booking portal uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted connection.
WHAT HAPPENS AT NON-PAYMENT?
O-Ringen AB and NT AB reserve the right to remove bookings that have not been paid for after a reminder had been sent out.
WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO THE PARTICIPANT?
All participation, arrangement of accommodations, and travel in conjunction with O-Ringen takes place at the participant’s own risk. O-Ringen AB has insurance for unforeseen events that applies to all competitors, traveling companions and spectators at O-Ringen City, at the competition arenas, or on the way to or from these locations. Additionally, O-Ringen AB is not responsible for any injuries competitors, traveling companions or spectators may incur during the event. All participants, traveling companions, and spectators must follow O-Ringen AB’s instructions and rules, even if they are issued by third parties contracted by O-Ringen AB. Participants in O-Ringen must also follow the rules of the Swedish Orienteering Federation that are currently in force. Participants can, when booking, also purchase cancellation insurance from NT AB, see separate conditions for cancellation insurance. Through the booking portal you can also purchase the insurance Motionsloppsförsäkring through Folksam, see further conditions at Folksam.
RESERVATIONS FOR GROUPS OF TEN PEOPLE OR MORE
If no other agreement has been made, the person placing the order must provide specific information about the number of group members and the names of those who will be staying in the rooms. This information must be provided no later than 4 weeks before arrival. Strikes, lockouts, fire, blockade, war, shortage of provisions/supplies or other extraordinary circumstances beyond the hotel’s control entitle the facility to void the contract without any obligation to pay compensation in any form. A deposit, paid either by credit card or through an invoice, is required to be paid no later than 30 days after the confirmed reservation. Cancellation insurance does not apply to group reservations.
If you book additional travel services for your trip or vacation via this link/links, you will NOT have the rights applicable to package travel according to directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, our company NT AB will not be responsible for these additional travel services. Contact the relevant service provider if you have any problems.
If you book additional travel services for your trip or vacation via this link/links no later than 24 hours after receipt of your booking confirmation from our company NT AB these travel services will however constitute a part of a linked travel arrangement. In that case NT AB has, in accordance with EU regulations, a refund insurance for services that cannot be carried out in case of insolvency on the part of NT AB. Note that this does not mean any refunds if the service provider should become insolvent.
More information about protection in the case of insolvency is available on:
WHAT IF THE PARTICIPANT WANTS TO CANCEL?
A booking of O-Ringen AB’s products, services and add-ons in conjunction with O-Ringen is not refundable. See specific conditions for any cancellation insurance or other insurance that you may have purchased.
WHAT APPLIES IF THE PARTICIPANT WANTS TO CHANGE OR TRANSFER A PRODUCT OR SERVICE?
Change/transfer initiated by participant/booker
Changes and transfers can be made up until the deadlines for the specific product. Please read carefully what applies to your product or service. Please contact us if you have any questions. Note that there is a fee for changes from 1 may and in certain cases earlier if the change is not done by yourself. It’s the current price for the products in question that applies. If the new product or service is currently more expensive than the earlier purchased one the difference in price will be charged. If the current price is lower no refund will be made.
In the event of a transfer between products / competition options where the new product or option is currently more expensive than the earlier one the difference in price will be charged when the change is made. If the new product or service is currently cheaper than the earlier one no refund of the difference in price will be made. Therefore, it only makes sense to transfer a start place to someone who wants to compete in the same competition option that you have booked. Products and services that are not tied to individual competitors (for example, camping spots, banquet tickets, String-O, etc.) can be transferred by competitors on their own.
Please note that we do not provide any service for finding people to whom booked start places can be transferred. Instead, we recommend other service providers, such as startplatser.se or orienterare.nu.
Fee for changes
- Until May 1st there is no fee for changes to participant information (competition class, name etc.) if you make the changes yourself online or through booking services regarding changes that cannot be made online (product, competition etc.). Changes that can be made by the booker online (change of class, name etc.) will always cost 200 SEK if made through booking services. Until May 1st there is no fee for adding products to your booking.
- After June 1st, all changes initiated by the Booker/ participant (regardless of whether the change is made through the Booking Service, the Booking Portal, or at O-Ringen Competitor Services) cost 200 SEK. A change fee of 200 SEK per booking applies regardless of whether several changes are made (for one or multiple competitors) at the same time. Note that the Booking Portal does not record the type of change that is made, meaning that a change fee is charged even if the Booker simply adds a new competitor to the booking without changing information for any existing competitor. In such a situation, a change fee can be avoided by creating a new booking for the new competitor.
Changes and transfers can be made up until the following deadlines during O-Ringen Uppsala 2020:
|Elite tour||17th July 12.00|
|5-days||19th July 21.00|
|20th July 13.00|
|23rd July 13.00|
|Stage start||Respective competition day 13.00|
|Training race||18th July 18.00|
|Youth relay||19th July 12.00|
Change initiated by O-Ringen AB
The difference in price between booked product/service and allotted product/service is refunded. In this case the price at the moment of booking is used. An example of change initiated by O-Ringen could be a transfer down from the elite tour at selection.
Refund is made provided that the participant/booker have provided O-Ringen Ab complete refund information no later than August 31st on the year of the competition. Payment
information should be sent to email@example.com. No change fee will be charged in the cases where O-Ringen AB initiated the change/transfer.
Change/transfer of other products
Changes to products, services and add-ons that are not tied to a specific individual (for example closing party, Miniknat, child care, parking and training maps etc.) can generally be made up until 13.00 on the competition day. Transfer of these services do not need processing since booking number is used as confirmation.
Change/transfer of camping/accommodations
Up until June 30th the following changes can be made concerning camping accommodations:
- Change of camping category provided that the chosen category is available. It’s the current price for the products in question that applies. If the new product or service is currently more expensive than the earlier purchased one the difference in price will be charged. If the current price is lower no refund will be made.
- Change of desired club to be placed with. Placement with club members within the same category is then guaranteed. Note that change of name is not necessary if the choice of club to be placed with remains.
After June 30th is not possible to change or make new bookings of camping accommodations online. Reservations of any remaining available camping accommodations can be made again at Participants services at O-Ringenstaden from July 16th 12.00.
Other accommodations booked through O-Ringens Booking Portal are third-party products. These accommodations cannot be cancelled and are not subject to refunds.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPLAINTS
Any complaints regarding a purchased or booked product or service must be submitted to those responsible for the product or service in question or to their representative as fast as possible. If the problem is not resolved, contact NT AB. The right to any potential compensation is forfeited if the providers of the product or service are not informed of the problem immediately and not provided with sufficient time and opportunity to resolve the issue at hand. Any claims and requests for compensation must be submitted to NT AB in writing no later than August 31st of the year of the event.
If the booking cannot be used due to reasons that are valid under the travel conditions specified by the Association of Swedish Travel Agents and Tour Operators, the entire cost of the reservation will be refunded, less NT AB’s fixed cancellation fee of 600 SEK.
SPECIFIC TERMS FOR PRIVATE RENTAL ACCOMODATIONS
NT AB mediates private rental accommodations as agent. The rental agreement mediated by NT AB is between you as rentee and the owner of the property as rentor. After booking you will get an e-mail confirmation from the agent NT AB. With the confirmation you will also receive a voucher/document with additional information.
Booking is based on the object description that is based on information from the rentor. Rules about cleaning and bed linen is provided in the information from the rentor or agreed upon mutually between rentee and rentor.
The following rental terms are part of the rental agreement entered, with NT AB as agent, between the rentor and rentee at booking:
- The rental property must not be used as accommodation by more guests than the maximum number of beds specified by the rentor, unless otherwise agreed. The rentee does not have the right to set up tents or caravans on the property. The rentor does have the right to evict the extra persons and no refund will be made.
- If there is no information about bed linen or cleaning in the information from the rentor the rule is that the rentee is responsible for this. It is not part of the rental price.
- If nothing else is specified in the information from the rentor the object will be available from 15.00 on the day of the arrival and the time for checkout is no later than 11.00. The rentee and rentor are responsible for arranging to get and return keys.
- If the rentor has specified ”no pets” the rentee does not have the right to bring pets. Even if the rentor has specified ”no pets” that does not constitute a guarantee that there has never been pets there before or that the rentor does not have pets.
- Smoking is generally not allowed in the rental objects unless the object description specifically says that smoking is allowed. This must be agreed upon separately between rentee and rentor.
- If boat is included in the rental object the rentee is responsible for checking the equipment as well as making sure that any driving certificates or similar as required by law are available when using the boat.
- Neither rentor nor agent can be held responsible for any loud noise from traffic, machinery or similar.
- Neither rentor nor agent can be held responsible for the quality of the internet connection, like poor coverage or low speed.
- The rentee is responsible for the use of pools, spa baths and similar, and responsible for following rules when using same.
- Note that rental object bookings can be cancelled by agent or rentor if there is a proper reason for it, such as fire, flooding or technical problems or if the property has been sold. The agent cannot be held responsible in these cases. The agent can only try to help with finding a similar object.
- Equipment and movables shall be handled with respect. Read more in the voucher information.
- The rental objects shall be in good order at arrival. Complaints regarding cleaning should be made immediately to the rentor. Should the rentee find deficiencies or damage on arrival the rentor and agent must be informed immediately (within 72 hours). Otherwise the rentee forfeits any rights to compensation. The rentor and/or agent have the right to try to rectify any problems within a reasonable time. Departure from the rental object before the end of the rental period is made on own cost and risk of the rentee. The rentee risks not being able to make demands. The rentee is then considered to have made any solutions to the complaint impossible. The agent reserves the right to move the rentee to a different rental object in order to rectify any problems.
- On departure the object should be left in the same condition as it was on arrival. The rentee is liable for any serious faults or damage caused by the rentee.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CANCELLATIONS INSURANCE
NT AB offers an optional cancellation insurance for bookings made via the Booking Portal. If the Booker has signed a cancellation insurance, then a full refund will be provided if one person in the travel party cannot reasonably use the service in question because that person or a close relative is affected by an acute illness, accident, or death. The term “close relative” applies to any spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, parent, grandparent, stepparent, or domestic partner of the insured person, or anyone in the insured person’s traveling party for this booking. The term “acute illness” refers to an illness that the person in question did not know about, could not know about, or could not have predicted at the time of booking. All injuries or illnesses must be confirmed by a signed doctor’s note. Certain exceptions apply to the cancellation insurance, even when a doctor’s note is provided.
Cancellation insurance cannot be purchased for groups of more than 9 people. Note also that for registration fees, cancellation protection only applies to the person for whom the doctor’s note is provided. Registration fees for other competitors are not covered by the cancellation insurance.
The following conditions must be met for the cancellation insurance to go into effect:
- The cancellation insurance was signed in conjunction with an original booking (not with a change made to a booking).
- Cancellation must take place at least a day before the date of the specific activity. No refund applies if a cancellation is made at a later date.
- Cancellation insurance is only valid in combination with a doctor’s note. An insurance claim must be sent to NT AB no later than five business days after the cancellation is made. The doctor’s note must be filled out and signed by a doctor connected to Försäkringskassan (Swedish Social Insurance Agency) and must contain the doctor’s name, contact information, and official stamp. The doctor’s note must include the date the patient was examined, the results of the examination, the diagnosis, and, when applicable, the conclusion that the patient cannot use the booking because of this.
- When cancellations covered by cancellation insurance are made, the cost of the cancellation insurance is not refunded.
Cases not covered by the insurance:
- Acute escalation of an existing illness or chronic health problem.
- Examination, treatment and/or admission or stay at a hospital that was planned before the trip was booked.
- Planned surgeries/procedures and illnesses or complications resulting from such surgeries/procedures.
Note: for registration fees, cancellation protection only applies to the person for whom the doctor’s note is provided. Registration fees for other competitors are not covered by the cancellation insurance.
O-Ringen AB is responsible for the personal details that are collected in conjunction with the Booker’s participation in O-Ringen. NT AB is responsible for the personal details that are collected for the cancellation insurance.
NT AB and O-Ringen AB collect and handle personal information that you provide us with. Personal information that will be handled include, but is not limited to, name, birth date, gender, address, e-mail address and phone number. We might also handle information registered in conjunction with a booking, such as age and special dietary requests. For participants who get insurance through Folksam the personal identification number is also collected. Results connected to your participation in O-Ringen are stored. The personal information is provided by yourself in connection with booking arrangements, creating of accounts or other services online or by phone.
The purpose of handling personal information
O-Ringen AB will process personal information about individuals for whom bookings are made in order to be able to fulfil our obligations to those individuals and to other competitors at O-Ringen and in order to provide the products or services that O-Ringen participants have ordered. O-Ringen AB may also use personal information in order to fulfil its legal obligations, including those related to security.
O-Ringen AB can be reached at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +46 0771 49 90 00.
NT AB can be reached at:
email@example.com or by phone: +46 (0)411-55 87 25.
Note that you can refuse to provide personal information. But is often not possible for us to provide you with the product or service you have ordered unless you provide your personal information. Your personal information might also be handled so that we can fulfil our obligations according to accountancy laws and other legal obligations, including those related to security. Handling might also include information about communication between you and NT, including questions and complaints.
Your personal information might also be used by us for market and client analysis, risk management and statistics in order to give you better travel offers and service. Unless you object to it in writing we can also use your personal information to provide offers about services and/or products from us. You can always decline to receive further offers.
In order to be able to connect a competitor with his or her international or Swedish ranking, those competitors who have an account with the Swedish Orienteering Federation’s registration system Eventor will have their O-Ringen registrations connected to their Eventor accounts. These competitors will have their Eventor-IDs and dates of birth saved by O-Ringen. Details such as name, gender, birth year, city of residence, club the participant competes for, and the participant’s results; as well as photographs or television clips containing the participant’s likeness may be published on television, internet, or in newspapers, and used in O-Ringen AB’s activities.
For cancellation insurance personal information is gathered with in order to be able to process a refund request. NT AB employees who work at the call centre division and who need to see the doctor’s note in order to process a refund are going to have access to the doctor’s note. The doctor’s note will only be kept for the duration of time necessary for the processing of a refund claim. Thereafter, it will be destroyed. Personal details will not be transferred to a third party.
Storing personal information
Participants’ personal data will be saved for bookkeeping reasons for a period of seven (7) years. If consent is given to follow up and develop O-Ringen in the subsequent years, then personal details will be saved for five (5) years. Providing consent to O-Ringens newsletter functions as a subscription to the newsletter until further notice, or until the participant cancels his or her subscription. Information related to the insurance Motionsloppsförsäkring as well as information about health conditions, such as need for special maps or a pusher to complete the race, is only stored after the event for bookkeeping reasons. Details such as name, club, and results (start times, punching times, places, etc.) will be saved for statistical purposes and will be searchable on the internet. Those competitors who have had their registrations connected with Eventor will also have their Eventor-IDs and birth dates saved. Those competitors’ results will also be searchable in other systems within Swedish orienteering that are connected to Eventor.
Read more about how NT AB handle, process and store personal information in our integrity policy:
Who might handle your personal information?
Employees of O-Ringen AB and officials working in conjunction with O-Ringen may be handling personal information. Your personal information will also be handled by NT. Your personal information will be handled by partner s of the NT-concern within the tourism business, for example hotels, local cooperation partners as well suppliers of administrative services to the NT-concern. Personal information will not be provided to a third country. A Booker whose personal details have been collected has the right to request information about which of his or her personal details are in O-Ringens possession. The Booker also has the right to request a correction of incorrect personal details and the right to request a deletion of personal details. The Booker has the right to block the use of and to oppose the use of personal details. For O-Ringen AB to fulfil its obligations related to a valid contract related to O-Ringen participation or other booked product/service/cancellation insurance the participants’ personal details need to be processed. If the Booker blocks O-Ringen from using his or her personal data in such a way that O-Ringen can no longer fulfil its contractual obligations to the Booker, then no refund will be issued. The Booker has the right to submit a complaint to the overseeing authority, Datainspektionen.
Theese terms and conditions was last updated on 11/11 2019